Archive for category Site News
I don’t like leaving this site unattended for long, since it looks like I’m not doing anything.
The current part that I’m at in Might and Magic is actually very difficult despite my grinding last time, so I’ve decided to hold off on an update until I have something more substantial than ‘died several times before finally finding a key.’
I won’t have access to the computer that I’m playing Might & Magic on for a little while yet, so the next update is delayed.
I have over 700 user accounts, most of whom are spam attempts.
I’m going to be cleaning out a lot of them. If I accidentally delete yours, try to choose a user name that looks like a user name next time, rather than wtsdf66pp or something.
Just a quick informative update. I got a new job, and I’ve managed to slide out from the debt of being unemployed, and I’m enjoying it. Unfortunately my main development machine died. The parts for the new one should be in today.
If you’ve been wondering where I’ve been, I apologize. I got a new job, and the transition has kept me pretty busy. It will smooth out.
It’s been a long, long time since I did any serious update concerning Grey Lotus, but I have good reasons. I won’t go into all of them here, but suffice to say that it’s been a rough road. Apparent lack of interest is another factor, of course. Recently I found two torrents distributing it, though, so I figured I may as well put a bit more effort into it once MektonHelper is taken care of.
The biggest problem, though, is the sheer scope of the changes. I thought I should toss out some of the changes underway to both explain why it’s such a big revision, and to see if anyone had any actual opinions on what I’m doing.
Yes, I know the download page is broken. I’ll fix it this evening.
EDIT: Fixed Downloads page, I think, but lost my count. I could recover it, but it’s not that important to me.
I haven’t updated in a while, since I’ve been busy with work and some RL concerns(mostly private matters). As of now I’m laid up in bed recovering from an appendectomy, so I might be able to do a little tinkering. Sadly, this is my laptop, so I may not be working on Fantasy Frontier for another week or two. On the upside, I have been working with Grey Lotus. Also, I have another game idea that I think is somewhat unique, and I should be able to use a lot of the code from Fantasy Frontier to make it, especially the rendering engine. Since the rendering engine is the one part of FF that’s actually /finished/, this is a good thing!
I haven’t updated in a while, but that’s mostly thanks to a trip to Origins and a holiday right after. A vacation did me good, though I didn’t get much work done. I was way overtaxing myself, I think. But now for the news! Upcoming things to see on the site.
- A probable overview of some of my Origins purchases. Particularly a cute little RPG named Mouse Guard.
- Renaming Grey Lotus, finally. Along with a little preview of the next edition in the form of an excerpt. Possibly more than one.
- An in-depth review of D&D 4e, though ‘review’ isn’t quite what I’m going for. I’ll be comparing each play aspect with all the previous editions, as well.
- Fantasy Frontier hasn’t been forgotten. The next Status update should see some of those dangling tasks taken care of.
All of this depends largely on my mood and how things go at home. Disgaea 3 makes for quite a distraction.
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about the site. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’m in the middle of doing yet another move. This is keeping me busy, and I won’t be finished until later in March. So updates will be few and far between until then, and mostly focused on site updates and tweaks. But for those of you wondering what I have planned for the site in short order…
- Articles. Actual articles on the industry and gaming… as soon as I catch up a bit on things, myself. I used to be pretty into the news, but nowadays I’m a touch behind.
- Reviews. Not sure if this will cover books, video games, or just RPGs. I don’t buy as many RPGs as I used to, so don’t expect cutting edge stuff.
- Settings. I’m working on one for HERO System 5th Edition, and a version of the same for D&D.
- Grey Lotus will be renamed and revised a fair bit. The system will remain mostly the same, other than a couple tweaks to close loopholes and fix minor problems that have popped up. The major change will be in the world itself, where I’ll be redoing the map and the nation boundaries quite a bit. I’ll be fleshing out things a lot more, and splitting the main book between a player’s guide(which will still include basic cultural and geographical info) and a campaign guide(for the bestiary and in depth information). You have to buy both to play!