I’ve taken a bit of a break from this… but that just means I’m not adding features at quite the frantic pace I was before. So, you still get a weekly release! This release covers splitting systems between multiple servos, Reflectors, Cockpit Controls(some of them, anyway) and Environmentals, along with a few bug fixes. I also added Weight Efficiency and Inefficiency to the Propulsion tab.
Yes, getting to be a regular occurrence. Once again, I got a little bit more done than I’d scheduled, and added Shields and space tracking and weapon mounts and Binders to it. With Save/Load finished, this puts it pretty far along into the ‘usable’ category.
That’s right, another week has gone by and… another update! I decided to skip Shields for now so I could add Cockpit and Sensors to this release, in addition to Ammo tracking. There are still a few known bugs I’m fixing here and there, but for the most part this should be a functional release. With the addition of Cockpit and Sensors, it is now possible to build a completely functional and legal Mekton with this program.
Amazingly, my coding of MektonHelper is coming along better than I expected. My goal for this weekend was to have Weapon Specification File editing added, along with Beam Weapon design, but no further. Instead, you can now add weapons to the Mekton, and the design includes pretty much all the major weapon systems, minus Ammo for Projectile Weapons and some of the fancier things like Energy Pools. Not much longer before it’s actually useful! Ammo and Shields are the goals for next weekend, plus Wheels, Cockpit, and Sensors if I can get to them.
I bet you all thought I didn’t write anything, for real. I’ve been working on various things, but in the process I actually got one of my code projects into a semi-usable state. Might as well post it now, so you can all poke at it and tell me if I need to adjust things. So, enjoy the new MektonHelper link under Software!
The game’s been out a while, and I haven’t written anything in ages. Guess I’d better get with the program. I did finish it, though, which is amazing considering how little time I’ve had of late. So, here’s my take on the somewhat controversial Square-Enix title. Beware, for there may be minor spoilers sprinkled in here, although I’ll try to avoid them as best I can.
Good news tonight. I managed to get some simple entity classes up and import, along with a definition. My art is terrible, but fortunately I haven’t written the code for tiles to display entities yet, so no need to see it! The code correctly creates and spawns entities at the edge of the map, with an inefficient but effective anti-collision algorithm. For the first time in quite a while I feel close to something releasable.
I haven’t posted in this category for a while because I haven’t made too much progress. I’ve had to step back from coding due to running into an efficiency problem in handling the Entity classes, and I’ve been working on ways around it. I think I have a workable, if not ideal solution, so I’ll probably tinker with the code this weekend some more. I doubt it will get finished this weekend, though.