Posts Tagged site
Yes, I know the download page is broken. I’ll fix it this evening.
EDIT: Fixed Downloads page, I think, but lost my count. I could recover it, but it’s not that important to me.
I haven’t updated in a while, but that’s mostly thanks to a trip to Origins and a holiday right after. A vacation did me good, though I didn’t get much work done. I was way overtaxing myself, I think. But now for the news! Upcoming things to see on the site.
- A probable overview of some of my Origins purchases. Particularly a cute little RPG named Mouse Guard.
- Renaming Grey Lotus, finally. Along with a little preview of the next edition in the form of an excerpt. Possibly more than one.
- An in-depth review of D&D 4e, though ‘review’ isn’t quite what I’m going for. I’ll be comparing each play aspect with all the previous editions, as well.
- Fantasy Frontier hasn’t been forgotten. The next Status update should see some of those dangling tasks taken care of.
All of this depends largely on my mood and how things go at home. Disgaea 3 makes for quite a distraction.
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about the site. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’m in the middle of doing yet another move. This is keeping me busy, and I won’t be finished until later in March. So updates will be few and far between until then, and mostly focused on site updates and tweaks. But for those of you wondering what I have planned for the site in short order…
- Articles. Actual articles on the industry and gaming… as soon as I catch up a bit on things, myself. I used to be pretty into the news, but nowadays I’m a touch behind.
- Reviews. Not sure if this will cover books, video games, or just RPGs. I don’t buy as many RPGs as I used to, so don’t expect cutting edge stuff.
- Settings. I’m working on one for HERO System 5th Edition, and a version of the same for D&D.
- Grey Lotus will be renamed and revised a fair bit. The system will remain mostly the same, other than a couple tweaks to close loopholes and fix minor problems that have popped up. The major change will be in the world itself, where I’ll be redoing the map and the nation boundaries quite a bit. I’ll be fleshing out things a lot more, and splitting the main book between a player’s guide(which will still include basic cultural and geographical info) and a campaign guide(for the bestiary and in depth information). You have to buy both to play!
A quick update. While the site layout will continue to change constantly, I did repost the old downloads for now. I thought that much was newsworthy. This will be the last news update for a while, since I probably won’t make another one until either the layout is semi stable, or I’ve posted new content. The most likely new content will be some setting info for another game system, namely a fantasy world for HERO and D&D 3.5.
You might note that the chapter PDFs and such are no longer available from links. They’re still in the directories, but I had to update that page manually, so I left them out for now. Once I’ve altered the Downloads page to be more automation-friendly I will try to bring them back.
Previous versions of the text are not available. Once I move into 2.0 for Grey Lotus(which will also be renamed), I’ll be putting it into my Subversion repository at home. Most of the new content will also be under Version Control, but for the time being I do not plan for this to be a public-access SVN repository.
I’m also attempting to bring some forum software into the page, but that’s a long term goal, and I’d like a bridge to link WordPress accounts with forum accounts. I know they’re out there, it’s just low priority right now.
Just a bit over four years since the last ‘official’ update, and I’m finally getting around to doing something with this page. For those of you who have been waiting, I’m very sorry. Right after my last update, some things happened. Since then, I think I’ve moved twice, and I’m about to do so again. It’s been a busy four years. Keeping up with this page became a low priority.
I’m back now, and I’ll be fussing with the page layout for a few weeks while I get things set up. I’ll have some new content on the way, and repost the old content once I have sections for it. I’m using a basic WordPress theme for the time being. I’ll be tweaking it off and on for a while, but eventually replace it with one of my own. Content first, then layout.